Sunday, October 24, 2010
We used the Day of Gratitude Stamp Set at my stamp club's last workshop. I made these thank you cards to tuck in with their stamping purchases. I wanted to show how versatile the Day of Gratitude set is. Here I've used the leaf stem and the "Thank You" sentiment paired with the Woodgrain background and the Owl Punch to create a card with a completely different feel than a Fall/Thanksgiving card. I cut the leaves off the leaf stem and adhered them behind the word window punch to make a faux branch. Card measures 3-1/2" x 3-1/2". Thanks for visiting!!
Supplies (all Stampin' Up!)
Day of Gratitude stamp set, Woodgrain stamp set, Autumn Spice DSP, Crumb Cake CS, Soft Suede CS, Old Olive CS, So Saffron CS, Basic Black CS, Soft Suede Ink, Old Olive Ink, Owl Punch, Word Window Punch, 1-3/4" Circle Punch, White Gel Pen, Sponge Dauber
Saturday, October 16, 2010
I missed the Turkey Sweet Treat Cup craze last year. So many of you made these adorable creatures, that I decided that my stamp club should make them too!! Of course, I had to design my own version of the turkey and add some new styling with our updated colors and a new stamp set called Thankful For. I plan to make a whole set of these for my Thanksgiving table. All that remains to be done with this one is to fill in the name of the recipient at the bottom. I would like to thank Connie Collins, because her Thanksgiving Sweet Treat Turkey Tutorial inspired my design.
Stamp Sets: Thankful For
Card Stock: Old Olive, Cajun Craze, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip, Daffodil Delight, Poppy Parade
Ink: Chocolate Chip
Punches: 1-¾” Circle, 1-¼” Circle, 1-¾” Scallop Circle, 1-¾” x 7/8” Oval, Modern Label
Treat Cups, Sponge Daubers, Cutter Kit
Non-Stampin’ Up: Wiggly Eyes, Fall-colored M&Ms
1. Start with a piece of 8-½” x 3” Old Olive card stock, scored at 4-¼” and folded to make a card.
2. Punch a centered 1-¾” circle 1-7/8” from the bottom of the card.
3. Stamp the “Thankful For ...” Greeting just between ¾” and 1-¼” mark from the bottom.
4. Create the following punched pieces for turkey:
- Feathers: 6 Cajun Craze Ovals, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Feathers: 6 More Mustard Ovals, cut off at the 1-¼” mark, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Body: 3 Chocolate Chip Scallop Circles, take a six hump bite out of the scallop circle with the 1-¾” Circle Punch.
- Feet: 1 Cajun Craze Scallop Circle, cut 2 three-hump pie pieces out of scallop circle, Cut points off so that pieces are 5/8” long, sponge edges in chocolate chip.
- Wattle: 1 Real Red Scallop Circle, cut 1 two-hump pie piece out of scallop circle
- Beak: 1 Daffodil Delight Scallop Circle, cut 1 two-hump pie piece out of scallop circle, cut humps off, make two nostril marks with black marker.
- Head: 1 Chocolate Chip 1-¼” Circle
5. Adhere Cajun Craze ovals around top of the 1-¾” hole.
6. Adhere More Mustard ovals on top of the Cajun Craze ovals.
7. Adhere Cajun Craze feet to bottom of the 1-¾” hole.
8. Adhere Chocolate Chip body pieces on the sides and top of the 1-¾” hole.
9. Add sticky strip to front edge of the treat cup. Four half-inch pieces of sticky strip placed evenly apart should suffice. Remove sticky strip liner, push treat cup through hole and adhere to the card.
10. Adhere head, wattle, beak and wiggly eyes to front of the treat cup.
11. Fill treat cup with M&Ms. Cover with a 2-½” x 2-½” piece of Chocolate Chip card stock that has been perforated with an “X” using the perforator tool from the cutter kit, running from corner to corner.
12. Punch a More Mustard Modern Label piece and write recipient’s name on it. Sponge edges with chocolate chip ink and adhere to card.
* Turkey can be made without being a place card, just trim the bottom to the desired length.
Friday, October 15, 2010
I just love the Day of Gratitude stamp set. The medallion piece is gorgeous and could be used for other occasions. This is the card I designed for one of the October stamp club projects.
Supplies: (all Stampin' Up!, except for last item)
Stamp Sets: Day of Gratitude, Thankful For
Card Stock: Confetti Cream, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Old Olive
Early Espresso 5/8” Grosgrain
Basic Pearls Jewels
Big Shot & Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder
Standard Card Base in Confetti Cream
4 -¼” x 4” Early Espresso
4-1/16” x 3-15/16” Old Olive
Scraps of Very Vanilla for stamping medallion & acorn
16” Early Espresso Grosgrain
1. Stamp Greeting in bottom right corner of card base.
2. Stamp Medallion Pieces and Acorn with the stated colors on Very Vanilla:
- Cajun Craze medallion piece, cut along outside leaving a little vanilla showing
- Early Espresso medallion piece, cut just inside of the outside line, cut next to the leaves
- Old Olive medallion piece, cut the innermost flower
- Early Espresso Acorn, cut around edges
3. Run Old Olive Card Stock through the big shot using the embossing folder.
4. Adhere and layer pieces of the medallion together.
5. Use an orange sharpie to color a basic pearl. Adhere to the center of the medallion piece.
6. Adhere all the pieces of the card together using photo as guide for placement.
7. Tie ribbon around bottom third of the card. Tie using right-over-left and then left-over-right movement. Angle cut ribbon ends.
Thanks for looking!!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
We made these cute Halloween Treat Tents at my September Workshop. They were a bit hit. The little bat swings aside to reveal a window to the treats inside. I was inspired Melissa Earnest's cute creations from a few years ago. Thanks Melissa for your inspiration.
Supplies: Batty for You stamp set, Bring on the Bats Jumbo Wheel, Jumbo Wheel Handle, Uninked Jumbo Cartridge , Rich Razzleberry Refill, Rich Razzleberry Inkpad, Rich Razzleberry CS, Basic Black CS, Old Olive CS, Whisper White CS, 1-¾” Scallop Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, 1-¼” Circle Punch, 1-3/8” Circle Punch, 3/8” Basic Black Taffeta, 5/16” Neutral Brads, Dimensionals, Piercer, 3” x 4” Mini Clear Bags (not Stampin’ Up!), Bite Size Mini Oreos
1. Start with a piece of card stock 8-½” x 3”. Score at 3-¾” and 4-¾”.
2. Punch a centered 1-3/8” Circular Window ½” above the score line.
3. Decorate card stock with the Bring on the Bats Wheel.
4. Stamp, punch, and adhere pieces for the window cover. Sandwich a length of ribbon between two scallop circle layers to hide the ribbon end.
5 Place approximately 7 mini Oreos in a clear bag. Align the top of the bag with the top of the tent.
6. Holding the ribbon, treat tent and clear bag in place, pierce through all three layers and secure with a brad.